Monday, July 4, 2011

Screenshot 101

Today I finished my presentation and posted it in our shared presentation for class. I feel just that much closer to my 60. I cannot help but be excited. The one issue I had was that I just could not remember how to take a screen shot other than downloading a program such as Jing, so I used google for what everyone else uses it for... a search! I was happy to see that because I have a Mac there are quick shortcuts to do so. Just when I thought I couldn't love this computer anymore, it makes my life even easier. After all, isn't that the actual purpose of technology, to help, not to frustrate!!

Here are the shortcuts for taking screenshots for those of you with Macs:

  • Command-Shift-3: Take a screenshot of the screen, and save it as a file on the desktop
  • Command-Shift-4, then select an area: Take a screenshot of an area and save it as a file on the desktop
  • Command-Shift-4, then space, then click a window: Take a screenshot of a window and save it as a file on the desktop
  • Command-Control-Shift-3: Take a screenshot of the screen, and save it to the clipboard
  • Command-Control-Shift-4, then select an area: Take a screenshot of an area and save it to the clipboard
  • Command-Control-Shift-4, then space, then click a window: Take a screenshot of a window and save it to the clipboard

6 comments:

  1. I guess you will have to show me how to do this later. I hate the Mac. Thats probably why I am only allowed to go on the computer when we have a class ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're an idiot -- that's why you're not allowed on the Mac.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually can't wait to get a Mac...too much money for me right now. It sounds like taking a screen shot is easier on a windows pc...just hit print screen then paste it into your document. There are times when I save it as an image, but most of the time I can paste it into the document and crop it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for posting the shortcuts! i'm still learning my way around the Mac so your post was very helpful =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much! This is very helpful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. To everybody else...guess who's married?

    ReplyDelete