Thursday, July 7, 2011

A lesson in censorship

So this morning I completed my second lesson plan. THis is actually one of my favorite projects that I've done in the past, but the course that I used to do it in no longer exists. I used to teach Law and Literature which like most electives got "swept under the rug". Although the cliche may not make sense to some, it is truly the perfect one for this instance.


I decided that because I am teaching senior English this upcoming school year that I could salvage the project and use it for their required research project. I plan on making them keep an ongoing blog so that there is more accountability. It is always difficult to get seniors to stay on task outside of the classroom so I figured that by adding a blogging element, they could be doing my work while their facebooking and tweeting. I know this is a lofty dream, but I will try nonetheless. 


Here are the links to the assignment and the corresponding lesson plan:




3 comments:

  1. You should really keep this blog going. I just followed it and it wasn't because I am teaching the class. It was more instinctual. Amazing lesson, you seem like an outstanding educator- the kids are lucky. (oh and don't proof my post for grammar errors, it'll take you all day)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your lesson plans...especially how you linked out to the web for your objects, assessment etc. & that you hyperlinked the pages for the banned books...great to bring up on the smartboard and have them right there for you rather than having to open tabs separately etc....Hope your kids love the new spin on your lesson!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both for the kind words!! I love my job and I'm so glad that it shows!!

    ReplyDelete